Skip to main content

Summer Bucket List {Free Printable Cards}


Fun in the Sun:
Paint with sidewalk paint
Have a squirt gun fight
Colored bubbles - food coloring in bubbles
Nature walk/bug collecting
Create an obstacle course in the backyard
Homemade slip n slide - use large trash bags or a tarp
Have a backyard circus
Throw water balloons
Sack Races
Roast marshmallows & make s’mores
Stargaze
Catch fireflies in mason jars
Campout in the backyard
Play in a creek/river/pond
Family bike ride
Go fishing
Set up lemonade stand
Build a sand castle - at the beach or in your sand box!
Paint with popsicles
Build with fruit blocks
Watch a movie under the stars - many parks show movies, or just set up in backyard
Play kickball in the backyard
Go to a baseball game
Fly kites

 Service Projects:
Water neighbors' flowers/plants
Offer to mow a yard
Walk dog for elderly
Buy ice cream for lifeguards
Adopt a highway
Pass out water bottles to construction workers  - or other outdoor wokers
Take a turn cleaning your church - just offer, there are always jobs to be done!
Volunteer at concession stand at ball field
Host a community yard sale
Carry groceries for others on a hot day
Host a free car wash
Wash windows for small businesses

Rainy Days:
Go see a cheap {free} movie - many theaters have free summer movie programs
Beach in the bathtub - put on bathing suits & play with shovels and buckets
Sand table/water table - set up a sand or water table inside
Play with shaving cream
Picnic in the living room
Family game night - board games or video games - just have fun!
Build a fort under table
Paint with jell-o - make jell-o and allow your kids to paint with it :)



You can print the full list of cards here:

Fill a sand bucket with the cards and pull them out as you wish!


Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment & share :)





Comments

  1. This is great Emily. I have 3 boys ages 17, 15 and 13. They grow up so fast and I use to do these same things. I wish we still could when I remember how fun it was. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, Angela. I am glad to hear that you have such wonderful memories! Blessings :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you included service projects! Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think service projects are so important! And summer is such a great time for them :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Featured you this week on Mom's Library!

      Delete
  3. Great ideas! Stopping by from A Mama's Story. http://www.countercultureliving.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback :) Blessings to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comment! I read every one and try to reply in a timely fashion. Have a blessed day :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Day I Failed At Motherhood

It was a Monday morning. The weekend had been filled with busyness, it felt as though we had not even had one moment to catch our breath and the week was upon us once again. I awoke to a house that was disheveled by the hustle and bustle of running in and out from one engagement to the next. Okay , I thought, I am going to whip this house into shape ! I am one of those people who simply cannot relax or enjoy my day if my house is in disarray (thanks, Mom!). I fed the kiddos breakfast and immediately got to work. I enlisted the help of the children. I was working on the dishes and kitchen clean-up and I asked my almost four year old and my five year old to pick up all the toys in the living room and vacuum. My five year old daughter LOVES to vacuum - and it works as a great incentive to get things picked up off the floor. After a few minutes I heard her turn the vacuum on, and I continued on my busy way finishing up the kitchen. A short while later, after the hum of the vacuum

God Changed My Mind About Modesty

I was recently sitting in a mall food court with my fifteen month old daughter, as my husband waited in line for the carousel with our older two. As the ride came to a stop, there was a group of young girls riding on horses directly in front of me. I noticed that the one little girl (who was maybe 8 or 9) was wearing very short shorts - as in you could not even tell she was wearing anything when she was sitting on the horse. To make matters worse, when she raised herself up off the horse, her entire bottom was exposed! I cringed and felt sick to my stomach as I peered around at the hundreds of people in the busy mall food court who may have just witnessed it as well. The little girl adjusted her shorts and went on her way, but I couldn't shake the sick feeling I had - the thought that someone in the mall could have enjoyed seeing that little girl like that... I know that "wardrobe malfunctions" may happen sometimes. Even when dressed modestly, the wind can blow up a

3 Tips for the Newlywed Wife

Today I am celebrating 8 years of marriage to my husband... {Our Wedding Day ~ May 7th, 2005} I am certainly NOT a marriage expert, and still make many mistakes (just ask my husband!). We have seen ups and downs in these eight years - financial hardships, unemployment, lots of closed doors...but God has been faithful and I am truly blessed with a wonderful marriage. I have {sorta} figured a few things out...especially from those newlywed days. The first few months of my marriage were a challenge and a huge adjustment. So, I have a few words of advice for newlywed wives, from a {slightly} more experienced wife: It is okay to mourn your former life.  My husband and I had been married for about a week, we were not taking a honeymoon for a few weeks until my husband finished school that year, so life had just continued on as "normal" after our wedding. Except...it wasn't normal. A week before I had been an unmarried 20 year old girl living with my parents, s